Even if you already know each other, is time to have fun together. As we know you are hungry and that you want to have a good time, we want to invite you to our awaited International Dinner: the perfect time to eat more than ever and have fun as always in the most genuine ESN Vigo style.
The International Dinner is the perfect setting to show everybody your cooking skills, to discover a bunch of delicious typical dishes from other countries and to compete against those dishes with your own creations; but also, most important, to enjoy a great night together.
The main goal is to cook something which is traditional in your home countries, so that everybody gets to try all dishes. With this aim, we will supply you with a microwave for heating your food, plastic cups and plates, cutlery and napkins so that everybody can taste your delicious recipes.
Rules to cook are simple:
- Make groups of 3 to 8 people. Preferably from the same nationality.
- Choose a name for your group and register it in this REGISTRATION FORM (clearly specifying of all members of the team who is part of ESN and who is not). In order to participate, you have to register before Thursday 10th, October, before 22:00h. After this deadline you can still make groups and cook, but you won’t participate in the best dishes contest.
- With your team, cook dishes from your country (sweet or salty) for a reasonable number of people.
- Remember the most important thing about cooking is creativity, so it is not necessary to spend too much money (€3 or €4 per person should be enough).
- We will give you a piece of paper to write down the dish name and the ingredients in order to warn allergic people and vegans. Do not forget to do this before displaying your dish.
- You should display your dishes (you will have a table assigned for this) and wait for the signal to eat. It is forbidden to start eating before the signal.
- You can bring cooking pots, utensils for serving, etc., as there will be a place to leave them and get them back the following day.
- Please, be respectful with the owners of the place and do not bring alcohol. However, a typical liquor in small quantities is allowed.
We suggest you take selfies while cooking and upload them to social networks with the hashtag #ESNVigoInternationalDinner. The best picture and the best dishes will be rewarded. (Don’t forget to make them public or post them in the Instagram with the hashtag)
This event will take place during the evening on Friday, Oct. 11th from 21:00 h onwards, in a place reserved for us called Café de Mario (Calle Caracas, 5). It will be a private party!
- €2.50 for those who have the ESNcard and bring food.
- €5 for those who do not have the ESNcard or do not bring food.
This admission price includes a drink, which you can choose from these options:
- 2 soft drinks / 2 beers / 2 glasses of wine, or
- a pint of beer/ glass of Galician spirits, or
- a long drink
IMPORTANT The international celebration doesn’t finish once we have eaten all the different dishes that you bring! We will continue the Party in the club Ferré with our incredible Flag Party at midnight. We have to fill the disco with colour diversity! That’s why we ask you to bring flags, wear your colours or even wearing a T-Shirt that represents your country!
Prices with the ESN card:
- FREE ENTRANCE
- MAHOU 2,5€
- OTHER BEERS 3€
- 1€ DISCOUNT IN OTHER DRINKS
Don’t you lose this amazing opportunity of celebrating interculturality with all your friends! See you on Friday!
PLEASE BE ON TIME or you will not get to taste the dishes! Come, you will not regret it!