December has just begun and with it the time to meet again has come, time for warming reunions around a table to share experiences, memories and food… All of that smells like CHRISTMAS!!!
December also announces that the semester is coming to an end and many of you will be going back home. Together, we have spent incredible days this semester in Vigo, we have established multiple and honest friendships, and we have forged links that will always be stuck in our minds.
Because of all this, the big ESN Vigo family wants us to gather to celebrate the most touching and popular event of the semester: the INTERNATIONAL CHRISTMAS DINNER!
On Friday, December 15th, at 9 p.m. in Café de Mario, you will be able to show the Chef you have inside and share with the rest of us all the delicious and tasty Christmas dishes you have prepared. Do not be afraid of cooking, all your effort will be rewarded with great prizes! This is all about cooking traditional or Christmas dishes from your country, so that we can all taste and rate them.
In the same line, we have prepared a BIG PARTY after the dinner, where there will be contests, prizes for the most original, tastiest and most exotic dishes, special prices for drinks and… Lots of SURPRISES!
But there is more! We have also arranged a "Secret Santa" where anybody can participate with a gift of no more than 3 euros, that will be placed under our CHRISTMAS TREE. At the end of the dinner, each of you will have to open your corresponding gift… But you won’t know who has given it to you!
Rules to COOK are easy:
- Make groups of 5 to 8 people of the same nationality.
- Choose a name for your group and register it in this document (clearly specifying all the members of the team). In order to participate, you have to register before Friday, 15th of December, at 4 p.m., not later.
- Bring a flag or print one of your country to put next to your dishes.
- With your team, cook traditional or Christmas dishes from your country or your nationality (sweet or salty) for a reasonable number of people.
- Remember the most important thing at cooking is creativity, so it is not necessary to spend too much money.
- We will provide you with dinnerware: dishes, forks, spoons and serviettes to try the dishes. Please, take only what you need because then there will be people without cutlery.
- There will be a microwave to heat the food that you bring, if it’s necessary.
- You can bring cooking pots, there will be a place to leave them and get them back the following day.
We suggest you take selfies while cooking and upload them to the social networks with the hashtag #ESNVIGOXMASDINNER. The pictures will be valuable to choose the best selfie and give the prizes.
Rules to participate in the SECRET SANTA:
- Buy the gift and remember you should not spend more than 3 euros.
- Bring it to the International Christmas Dinner and place it just under the Christmas tree.
- After the dinner, you will be able to get your present and open it with everyone else.
Place: Café de Mario.
Date: Friday, 15th December, at 9 p.m.
The entrance is exclusive for those who have the ESNcard, and it costs:
- €2 if you bring a dish.
- €5 if you don’t bring a dish.
The entrance includes two tickets, each one for one of these options:
Afterwards, if you want more tickets, you can come to the entry and buy them to exchange them at the counter for this prices:
- 1 ticket to exchange for Beer, Wine or Soda for €1
- 1 ticket to exchange for a Bock or a Liqueur glass for €2
- 1 ticket to exchange for a Long drink for €2
PLEASE BE ON TIME or you will not get to taste the dishes! Come and you will not regret a thing!
- An ESNcard of this section required.